Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A failed Surprise

Here is one fun fact about me: I don't like surprises. 
And no, I am not just saying it, I really mean it.

If there is one thing I have learned in my short life so far, is that you should never expect anything of anyone if you want to avoid a disappointment. That is a rule I live by.

So I genuinely don't expect others to give me anything or surprise me in any kind of a way.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate it when people put an effort into something that they think will make me happy and I like it when people do something special for me. But if you are planing on surprising me with something, then you better keep it a secret till the very last second because I absolutely don't like knowing that something is about to happen without knowing what exactly.

Like say you wanna throw me a surprise birthday party, then go for it.
BUT don't ever mention anything about it before it happens. No hints or clues like: 
XY: "Oh I can't wait to see your face on Friday!"
Me: "My face? On Friday? What? Why? What is happening on Friday?"
XY: "Nothing, I said nothing."

NO, you did not! And it is too late to pretend like nothing happened.
>.<

I will go crazy trying to figure out what this whole "surprise" is all about. And I will most probably set my expectations really really high and then end up being disappointed in the end...

Which brings me to this letter that I got today:



To be opened on December 25th. No name, no address whatsoever. The only thing I know is that it was posted from Bratislava on the 18th.

I have been trying to figure out who sent it to me for the past 7 hours without any luck. 

The first person I thought of was my boyfriend but like he pointed out to me, he doesn't know the exact address to my parent's place (or at least he didn't know until today). Also the only thing I managed by asking him about it is to make him suspicious and worried, as he is so overprotective of me and was obviously as confused about it as I was.

So I tried to think of all the people who live in BA and know my address. The list only contains two names of my close girlfriends and both said they didn't send me anything. I am as clueless as I was seven hours ago and the more I think about it, the less I like it.

See, this is why I don't like surprises! They make me paranoid and suspicious.
Not to mention crazy.

I guess that whoever sent this to me has only the best intentions in mind, but I'm afraid I will have to ruin the surprise and open it before the 25th, 'cause there is no way I will be able to wait another 29 hours going crazy like this.

And it is pretty much just a simple letter, no drugs or a bomb or anything else harmful, but I just don't have a good feeling about it, I really don't...

Update: March 14, 2015
Just realized that I never went back and explained who I got it from.
Turns out the letter was sent by Zuzka, my colleague, and we got a good laugh about the whole situation in the end :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting. The way your name is written - to je presne tvoje písmo!!!! nepísala si si list sama? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak o tom naozaj nič neviem :D Jedine, že by to bol list z budúcnosti! :D Ale teraz keď to hovoríš, tak aj mne sa zdá to písmo povedomé... By the way, ešte som ho neotvorila.

      Delete
  2. Heyyyyy Lucia! I'm glad you found my blog - that was actually my very first blog URL ( it's the one that I accidentally deleted ) and for some reason it was available at one point so I got it back. How are you? It's nice to see you blogging still. PS. I'm not good with surprises too. I don't like 'em.

    ReplyDelete